Please find out next available intake date by clicking the link below. Once completed, email the application form along with required supporting documents to email@example.com.
You may use the computer to fill out the form.
Search for a course that interests you.
Each course description will tell you its specific details of the course like intake available, duration of the course, structure of the course, campus and how to apply as an international student and what the course entry requirements are.
Check on TasCollege website that you qualify for the program’s entry requirements for the course you wish to apply for:
- English language requirements (check English language equivalencies)
- Academic entry requirements (check equivalent entry requirements)
Course entry requirements:
All international students applying to enter a course with TasCollege must:
- Be over the age of 18
- An overall IELTS band 5.5 or equivalent and above (Acceptable English Test Score) for AQF level 4, level 5 and level 6 courses and overall IELTS bands 6 or equivalent and above for AQF level 8 courses.
- Have completed an equivalent secondary schooling level of a School Certificate or can demonstrate suitable work or life
- Meet the Student Visa 500 subclass requirements Click Here.
- Successfully completed the Initial Skills Assessment to check the suitability of the course to their career pathway.
The table refers to the English language test providers and the minimum scores you must achieve to meet the Student visa English language requirement.
|English language test providers||Minimum score||Minimum score and at least 10 weeks English Language Intensive Courses (ELICOS)||Minimum score and at least 20 weeks ELICOS|
|International English Language Testing System||5.5||5||4.5|
|TOEFL internet test||46||35||32|
|Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)||162||154||147|
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)||42||36||30|
|Occupational English Test||B for each test component||N/A||N/A|
If you have further enquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To avoid delays in admission processing, submit a complete set of supporting documents including:
- Certified copies of academic transcripts (not required for currently enrolled students applying to another College program)
- Certified copies of all graduation certificates in both the original language and English (not required for currently enrolled students applying to another College program)
- Evidence of English language proficiency or Australian qualification held
- Any other information or documents that are specified in the usual course entry requirements (this may involve a recent portfolio of your work, resume or interview
- If you are in Australia on a student visa, please provide evidence of your current course enrolments
Please note that documents submitted will not be returned.
What are certified documents?
A certified copy is a copy of an original document verified to be a true copy by an authorised witness. The person certifying the photocopy must sight the original document and include the following details on all pages that contain information:
- Stamp or write, ‘This is a true copy of the document sighted by me’
- Sign, date and provide contact details (name, address and telephone number)
- The official stamp or seal of their organisation or their profession and organisation name.
Who can certify my documents?
- TasCollege staff
- Notary of the Public
- Authorised Education Agents
Who can translate my documents?
NAATI accredited translator
Complete the “International Student Application Form” from here with all the required documents and submit to our International Office:
Unit 1, Level 1, 86 Collins Street, 7000, Hobart
You can also talk an authorised Education Agent in your home country who can office you advice about studies at TasCollege and assistance in applying for both your course and your student visa.
You will need the following supporting documents:
If you are applying from outside Australia, you will also need to complete
- a) International Student Statement of Purpose (SOP) Genuine Student (GS) and Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Profile (Single) Form
The information you provide on these forms is used to assess your admission against Department of Home Affairs Genuine Temporary Entrant and Genuine Student criteria.
There is no fee charged for submission of an application.
Once you submit a complete application with all certified supporting documents; you will receive the Initial Skills Assessment to complete prior to issuance of Offer Letter. This Initial Skills assessment process is to confirm that all students who apply for admission to TasCollege are fully informed before making decisions about their training. We understand that if the students are not fully informed about the suitability of their course to their career plans and future; this lack of information can have a significant impact on students—increasing the potential for them to drop out of the course and/or suffer financial loss.
Your application will be assessed in line with the College policies and procedures. If your application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer/Acceptance Agreement.
You can accept your offer by following the instructions in your Letter of Offer.
Fees will not be accepted until TasCollege has received the signed copy of the Acceptance Agreement and all conditions on Letter of Offer have been met.
If you do not accept by the expiry date stated on the Letter of Offer or wish to defer your offer to a different intake, TasCollege will cancel your offer and you will need to make a new application.
The Letter of Offer/Acceptance Agreement is the contract between TasCollege and you. Please read all details carefully and ensure you understand before signing and returning with the payment specified
In some cases, the Letter of Offer/Acceptance Agreement will state conditions that must be met prior to submitting payment and accepting your offer.
Soon after College receives your Acceptance Agreement signed by you, confirmed you have met any outstanding conditions on your Letter of Offer and received tuition fee deposit and payment for Overseas Student Health Cover, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
A eCoE is an official document that is issued by TasCollege and used by the Australian Government.
It records exactly what you are studying, including the start and end dates expected for each program, any fees paid and total fees required.
You must have a valid eCoE while studying on a student visa in Australia.
Visa arrangements may take anywhere from a few weeks to 6 months to finalise depending on the assessment level of your country and other requirements set out by the Australian Department of Home Affairs. Start the application process as soon as possible!
You must include in your visa application
- Copy of eCoE
- Copy of Statement of Purpose handwritten
- Be prepared to show evidence of access to funds to cover first 12 months in Australia
Be prepared to answer questions about your knowledge of TasCollege, the course you intend to study, and how it will benefit your future career ambitions outside of Australia and that you have a genuine intentions to remain in Australia temporarily
Book accommodation and airport pick-up.
Make a successful transition to life and study at TasCollege, find out about services available and make some new friends by attending compulsory Orientation for International Students
You will also receive details of where and when your course specific orientation and enrolment will take place.
You will need your passport for this, and to progress to Step 12, you will need a USI
See USI Student Video for details on how to apply.
- Complete your LLN assessment at the time of Orientation prior to commencement of your chosen course. This LLN assessment will help the college to assess any additional academic support required for you to study and complete your course successfully at TasCollege. This assessment will be conducted online and will take approximately 45-50 Mins to complete. You will be assisted by designated staff at the Orientation day.
- Academic team will also assist you to complete the personal details and getting your Training Plan on the Orientation Day.