Overseas Student Health Cover

Under Australian Government visa regulations, all international students (except those from Norway, Belgium and Swedish students with insurance provided by CSN International or Kammarkollegiet) must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) before they can apply for a student visa. 

International students on a student visa must have health cover for the length of their visa while studying in Australia. Our preferred OSHC provider is BUPA Overseas Student Health Cover. If you wish to choose BUPA OSHC, TasCollege will organise your membership with the provider. The OSHC payment amount will be included on your letter of offer. You are responsible for renewing your health cover with the OSHC provider when it is required.

Once you have enrolled in your course, your OSHC will be ordered.

Your BUPA OSHC membership card will be available from reception approximately 10 days after the commencement of your course.

Should you need your health cover number earlier, please contact the staff at TasCollege reception (+61 03 6295 5296 ).  Further details about health cover options are available from BUPA OSHC.

The Department of Health also has information about health cover for students and visitors.

Scroll to Top