Apply here to the Certificate III in Individual Support at TasCollege. Visit our How to Apply page to learn more about the application process, admissions requirements, and timelines. You need to complete an online application form and satisfy the following requirements to be considered for entry to this course.
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed the equivalent of Year 12.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
- Completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO; or
- Successful completion of an English Placement Test
*Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. Students are required to provide their results so that it can be confirmed they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
A pre-enrolment assessment will be conducted to determine your current competency, LLN Skills, and/or vocational experience, as well as your expectations from this course, and to identify any support you may need.
Trainer/Assessor will employ a range of assessment tools to gather sufficient and quality evidence about student performance in order to make the assessment decision based on the qualification training and assessment strategy. Assessment evidence may include but not limited to:
- Project Work
- Group and individual submissions
- Case study
- Reflective journal
- Written tests
- Oral tests
- Knowledge tests
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into the CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support and a range of other related community services qualifications.
Potential employment options are as a direct support worker in aged care, disability, home and community care or other direct care work in the community services industry.